Monday 27 July 2015

ANOTHER PUPPY?!

Drum roll....

We adopted another puppy from the RSPCA! 

Meet Ivy, a 5 month old English Cocker Spaniel that was born at the RSPCA after her parents were rescued from a puppy farm. 

After Oscar was all settled in to his new life (you can read up about his adoption HERE), we decided that we wanted to adopt another fury friend for him. Conveniently, there was another lot of English Cocker Spaniels going up for adoption at the RSPCA and I managed to get one before they all went (perks of being a volunteer there). Our new pup is 5 months old, meaning she is a lot younger than our 1 year old Oscar, and has been renamed from Roberta to Ivy :) 

Having two dogs means twice the amount of fun but also twice the amount of work because they're both young dogs from shelters that need a lot of training and attention. I'm not going to lie, the first week of having Ivy was quite stressful but it didn't take long for me to find my own two feet and create a routine that works for everyone. It also helped that I knew how much work I was putting myself up for and so I was definitely prepared! 

It's really important that you consider all aspects of owning one or more dogs before you get them to ensure you're giving them the best life possible and are able to take full care of them. For your wellbeing and for the dogs wellbeing :) 

And for the part you're probably most keen to see....a few pictures of the rapidly growing and gorgeous Ivy! 


xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS