Tuesday 13 May 2014

Face of the day

Hey guys!

Here's my second face of the day. As opposed to my previous FOTD which was more of a glamorous look (which you can read about HERE), this is one of the ways I like to do my everyday makeup; simple, natural looking and most importantly...not time consuming.

I like wearing this type of makeup around Uni and just on days I feel like my skin needs a lot of brightening up. On these kinds of days I focus on using a lot of illuminating products so my face looks fresh and awake but not drowning in foundation. I find that when you apply makeup in it's correct place and using the correct technique, you don't need to use a whole lot...so minimal foundation etc. was used.

I was also a little naughty today and didn't use any primers, not even an eye primer! Instead I just dabbed a little concealer over my eyelids, moisturised well beforehand and my makeup lasted all day. I think I might do this more often :) 

Before & After (claps for being brave and going facially naked on the internet!)  


What's on my face:

- Nars sheer glow foundation in 'Mont Blanc'
- Rimmel wake me up concealer in 'Ivory'
- MAC liquid prep+prime highlighter in 'Radient Rose'
- MAC eyeshadow in 'Mystery' for the eyebrows
- MAC clear eyebrow gel
- Loreal 'Very Violiet, Violet Intense' eyeshadow palette #514, using just the shimmery pink shade, to highlight the brow, tear ducts and to sweep across the eye lid
- MAC eyeshadow in 'Mystery' for the crease and under the eye
- Rimmel scandaleyes waterproof kohl eyeliner in 'Taupe' for the lash line
- MAC eyeshadow in 'Mystery' over the top of the taupe eyeliner
- Maybelline the falsies mascara in 'Blackest Black'
- MAC skin finish powder in 'Medium Plus' for t-zone
- Benefit hoola bronzer
- MAC blush in 'Pinch Me'
- Revlon lipstick in 'Coralberry' #674

Let me know how you found this FOTD and what makeup you like to wear during the day in the comments below. Love you lots. 

Ps. As you might have noticed I'm blogging a lot more regularly as of late and am really enjoying it! It's such a nice way to unwind and ramble about all my beauty obsessions with like-minded people. I hope you're enjoying my posts, for those that do read them. xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I really love the look. It's very simple and natural. :)

    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you finding the NARS sheer glow?? It suits your skintone! (from the photos anyway aaha) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It blends in really nicely and feels super soft on my skin...kind of like I don't have foundation on. Winner winner! You're the bestest <3 xx

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS