Thursday 24 April 2014

Product Review - MAC Cremesheen lipstick in 'Shy Girl'








Over the Easter break I had so many exciting ideas and plans in regards to new blog posts, however I've found myself curled up in bed sick for my entire holidays and haven't been able to create them! It's well over due for another post though, so I thought I'd write up a review of a new and very much loved purchase of mine; MAC Cremesheen lipstick in the shade 'Shy Girl'.

Because MAC lipsticks are more on the pricey side, I do make sure I'm 100% sure I want to make the purchase and therefore every one I own is much to my delight. I've been searching high and low for a nude lipstick to add to my slowly but surely expanding lipstick collection that doesn't look as though I've smeared foundation over my lips. 'Shy Girl' is certainly the perfect shade for the job. 

The texture of this lipstick, being part of the Cremesheen collection, is very creamy and glides easily onto the lips, leaving your lips feeling moisturised and fresh. Although being predominately beige coloured, it's got a tinge of coral in it which I really like as it gives my lips a little more life and vibrance. 

The lasting power of this lipstick isn't terrible but you do need to reapply occasionally and it is so moisturising that it feels as though I'm wearing a lip balm. Because the shade is light and sheer, it's also very easy to re-apply as opposed to a red or other bold lipstick shade so I guess you could say it's a very 'easy wear'.

Keep in mind that this lipstick does have a little sparkle in it, but surprisingly doesn't come off frosty like I thought it might.

The name really says it all, 'Shy Girl' is perfect if you're looking for a 'barely there but makes your lips look better' type lipstick and would be great for a natural look or a simple lip shade to compliment heavy eye makeup. 

Have you tried 'Shy Girl'? What did/do you think and if not, what's your favourite MAC lipstick? 

xxx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS