Wednesday 16 July 2014

Just Call Me Four Eyes

So recently I got two new pairs of glasses and I'm extremely happy with them. I don't have terrible eyesight but I definitely don't have clear vision and I find it difficult to see things far away (which is not helpful in lectures trying to see the powerpoint!).

I purchased my first glasses in Year 11 but I really didn't like the look of them so would avoid wearing them as much as I could and just continue to squint my way around (not good for your eyes just FYI). My old glasses were the thin rectangle shape and made me look very much like an old librarian. I'm here to tell you however, that if you're in a similar situation to my Year 11 self...this doesn't have to be the case!

Don't avoid wearing glasses or getting your eyes checked because you don't want to look silly like I did. I've had so many compliments on my new glasses and it's just made me realise that glasses can actually be stylish and can even enhance how you look (dare I say it!). You just have to find the right ones for you and your facial features.

A few tips I have on making glasses look good are as follows:

  • Make sure your eyebrows are filled in neatly. This really pulls the look together. 
  • Go easy on the eye makeup and just go for neutral colours. I find this really helps to prevent everything looking too much and overpowering. 
  • Take time to pick the right glasses for you. Ignore any trends and be adventurous. You might surprise yourself with what you can pull off! 
  • Generally I like to go for a flawless foundation look but you totally don't have to. This is just what I've done in the pictures below. 







I bought both pairs of glasses from Specsavers in Prahran and would highly recommend this place to anyone. The staff were very friendly, helpful and took the time to give their opinion on the many glasses that I tried on...not to mention it was also very cheap at only $40 for both pairs!

...But if all else fails, contact lenses are pretty awesome ;) Haha. 

Do you wear glasses? 

xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. These suit you so much! I like it :) I have glasses as well for when my eyes are super tired but I struggle to love how they look. I like flawless foundation and heaps of mascara to make my eyelashes look longer when I'm wearing my glasses. X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bec!! I'm sure you look fabulous with glasses and I too love the flawless foundation look :) xx

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS